- 6 cups finely sliced cabbage (1 small head weighing about 1 1/4 pounds or one 350-gram package shredded cabbage)
- 8 scallions (including green parts), cut into thin rings
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar, or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons milk, preferably whole
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons lime or lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage and scallions.
- 2. In a separate bowl, stir to together the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayo, buttermilk, vinegar, and lime or lemon juice. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- 3. Pour the dressing over the onion and cabbage and stir. Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- 4. Stir thoroughly before serving.
Read more at http://leitesculinaria.com/99884/recipes-classic-coleslaw.html#XIfL07mZMI1zGSvG.99